Cheese every day is often how it rolls around here!! But when these three cheeses come together with a butternut squash sauce — Oh My Word! Enjoy this with fresh or frozen lobster meat, or any of your left-over Thanksgiving meat shredded into small pieces!
- 1½ Cups Cooked Butternut squash, pureed
- Olive oil
- 450 g Elbow Macaroni or Short Rigatoni pasta
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 Cup Shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- ½ Cup Chopped Camembert Cheese
- ½ Cup Shredded Asiago Cheese
- 300 g Lobster meat, thawed and drained if frozen
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil paper. Cut the butternut squash lengthwise and remove the seeds. Add a small dab of oil all over the flesh of the squash and place flesh-side down on the baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, measure out all remaining ingredients. Mix all of the cheese together, reserving about ½ Cup in a small dish. If you are using frozen lobster meat, place in between paper towels to remove as much of the water as possible. If using fresh lobster meat, cut up into small pieces. (*Alternatively, you can use shredded chicken or turkey too).
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Once the squash is cooked, lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the squash to cool for a few minutes. Measure out 1½ cups and puree in a food processor.
- Once pasta water boils, add salt and the pasta, allowing to cook through.
- Heat a large oven-proof pan over medium heat (I used a cast-iron skillet). Add the butter and allow to melt. Add the milk, black pepper, and pureed butternut squash whisking constantly. Once warmed through, add the mixed cheeses, a small handful at a time until incorporated into the sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and place into the cheese sauce. Mix thoroughly incorporating all of the sauce into the pasta. Add the lobster meat and mix through.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese all over the top of the pasta mix and place in the oven for 10 minutes, broiling for the final 5 minutes to ensure the cheese in bubbling.
- Serve with your favourite garlic bread or corn bread and enjoy.