My friends I’ve shared this recipe with also know this one as “the best mistake I ever made”! In an attempt to make my own granola bars, I may have altered a few of the ingredients this way and that which prevented the ingredients to hold together well into a bar, but did it ever make a great crumble mixture!! Which today, I make once a month and hold in the fridge as my granola. A great fridge staple to have with yogurt as a snack, added to cereal, or enjoy on its own!
Serves: 18, ⅓-Cup portions
- ½ Cup Unsalted dry roasted pumpkin seeds
- ½ Cup Unsalted Dry roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ Cup Lightly salted cashews, chopped
- 1 ½ Cups Large Flake Oats
- ⅓ Cup Dried apricots, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Dried Cherries, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Dried Rasins, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- ¾ Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- ¼ Cup Honey
- Mix the first 8 ingredients into a bowl.
- In a larger microwaveable bowl, add the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for about 15-30 seconds (depending on the intensity of your microwave), so that the ingredients mix together well with a spoon.
- Once the peanut butter and honey are well mixed, pour the oat mixture into the peanut butter and honey mixture, stirring well until everything mixes together.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to a day (if you’re not in a rush to eat it)!
- Once ready, remove the bowl from the fridge and break it apart with a spoon. Place in a large container and keep in the fridge to keep fresh.
You can choose whichever dried fruit you would like to use. I use these three because I like the combination and often have them all on hand! Try dried apples, figs, Gogi berries or whatever you’d like.